Are you interested in having your roof replaced? One of the most important parts of being a homeowner is having a well-maintained and properly installed roof that can protect you from the McAllen climate. The process of having a new roof installed can seem stressful, but with the right roofing company, the experience should be hassle-free and straightforward.
In this article, we will dive into:
- Roof replacement costs in McAllen
- Popular roofing materials in the area
- Tips for when to know it’s time to replace your roofing
- Information about the services that Marva Roofing offers
What Will a Roof Replacement Cost in McAllen
So, what will a new roof installment cost in McAllen? The total cost of a roof installment in McAllen will vary depending on the roofing materials that you choose, the repairs that may be needed, and the size and slope of your home. In McAllen, the most popular roofing material is asphalt shingles. That being said, you can typically expect to pay around $3.00 to $6.00 per square foot for an asphalt shingle roof replacement.
Popular Asphalt Shingles for McAllen Residents
Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: Practical & Cost-effective
- The most practical and cost-effective shingle material
- Get their name from their three tabs and uniform appearance
- May not last as long as other shingle types
- Will still effectively protect your home from the natural elements
Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Durable & Aesthetic
- Are made to last longer than three-tab shingles
- Also known as dimensional shingles
- Have an aesthetic look to them
- Will withstand a variety of weather and are built to last
Premium Asphalt Shingles: Luxurious & Sturdy
- Also known as luxury shingles
- Made from high-quality materials
- Are weather resistant and built to last
- Tend to be more costly than other shingle materials
Impact Resistant Asphalt Shingles: Less maintenance & Long-lasting
- Engineered with harsh weather in mind: hail, strong winds, tornados
- Have long-lasting resistance to the natural elements
- Typically have a higher cost than other shingle types
- Require less maintenance than other shingles
Should You Replace Your McAllen Roof?
In McAllen, your asphalt shingle roof should last around 15-18 years if well-maintained and properly installed. If your roofing is nearing that timeframe, it’s a good idea to have a roofing professional assess your roof to make sure everything is working the way it should be.
The McAllen area experiences harsh weather that ranges from hot summers to high winds, tropical storms, hail storms, and hurricanes. If you’ve recently noticed storm damage, broken or missing shingles, pest infestations, or leaks and water stains, it might be time to have a new roof installed.
Next Steps for Your Roof
If you have any questions or are ready to take the next steps toward having a new roof installed, Marva Roofing is here to help. Marva Roofing is a local, family and veteran-owned company that has been providing high-quality and affordable home improvement solutions since 2012. At Marva Roofing, our roofing experts are committed to offering transparent and affordable roofing services.
Asphalt roofing installations aren’t the only service that we provide. In addition, our other services include:
- Residential and commercial roofing
- Roof repairs
- Asphalt shingle roofing
- Metal roofing
- Tile roofing
- Cedar roofing
- Siding installation services
- Gutter/gutter guards
Call us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free roof inspection!