Metal Roofing in Brownsville
Rebuilding our communities one roof at a time.
Windstorm Requirement - Roofing Company Brownsville
Roofing Installation Considerations to Keep in Mind When Having a Roofing System Installed in Brownsville and Other Coastal Cities
The City of Brownsville, along with other cities in Cameron County, falls within a high wind zone designation. As a result, specific roofing system requirements must be met to comply with the regulations set by the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). When it comes to Metal Roofing in Brownsville and surrounding areas, obtaining a TDI Windstorm Certification is essential for all types of construction, including roof systems. Insurance companies typically mandate the provision of a windstorm certificate for coverage in high wind zones or areas near coastal waters. It is crucial that your chosen roofer in Brownsville possesses a clear understanding of these requirements and ensures the implementation of roofing systems that meet the necessary standards.
- Select a Roofing System that meets TDI (Texas Department of Insurance) code.
- Hire an engineering firm to provide a Windstorm Inspection.
- A WP1 form is filed with TDI and is searchable on TDI’s database https://appscenter.tdi.texas.gov/windstorm/p/searchForAppl
- The engineering firm will review the approved system and inspect the property prior to commencing work to ensure the correct Roofing System is being installed.
- The Roof System is installed per TDI Product Evaluation Code. You can find the exact code for your particular Roof System at the fallowing https://www.tdi.texas.gov/wind/prod/indexrc.html
- Upon completion of the installation, the engineering firm will conduct a thorough re-inspection of the newly installed Roof System.
- This inspection serves to verify that the installation meets the required standards, complies with relevant building codes, and adheres to all necessary regulations.Subsequently, the engineering firm will file a WPI-8 report, which generates the Windstorm Certification. This certification serves as proof of proper installation and compliance of the Roof System, providing assurance and peace of mind to homeowners and insurance companies alike.